ChowMatch is currently used in 500 cities and towns across the United States. Organizations who host ChowMatch in their location pickup surplus food from donors and drop off to recipient agencies. This is a FREE service provided by our organizations. Read about our client-partner organizations who have brought ChowMatch to their area to help streamline their food recovery process. We’ve included their press releases that highlight their food recovery program and the integration of the technology ChowMatch.
- Peninsula Food Runners and Founder Maria Yap Featured
- Peninsula Food Runners: Paying forward by reducing food waste and hunger through sustainability
- A tech solution for hunger: Program matches food providers with organizations that feed the needy
- Maria Yap, Founder and Executive Director for Peninsula Food Runners Interviewed on Pen Voice
- Maria Yap of Peninsula Food Runners Returns to Pen Voice to discuss Reducing Food Waste and Feeding People. Maria also explains the use of ChowMatch, and how the software has streamlined the process and helped to recover more than 1.5 million pounds of food annually in San Mateo and Santa Clara counties.
- Peninsula Food Runners and how ChowMatch is picking up surplus food from school districts in Santa Clara.
- Technology Innovation – Reducing Food Going to Waste
- Executive Director Jackie DeCaro talks about their food rescue program and the ChowMatch Technology on NBC News in Washington D.C.
- Executive Director Jackie DeCarlo and The Manna Food Center in Montgomery County convinces restaurants and businesses it’s safe to donate food that’s past it’s sell-by date
- ‘Uber for food’ connects restaurant excess with hungry residents
- The gitm Foundation fights for fresh food for everyone
- Can food assistance program in Peoria be fixed?
- March Gallagher, Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley and Feed HV
- Help Fight Food Waste With This App
- Food Match
- Carrie Ross Jones, Program Administrator, discusses the Feed HV program that feeds people using the ChowMatch software to streamline the process.
- Carrie Ross Jones, Program Administrator, talks about Food Waste, Food Insecurity and Foouber, the ChowMatch software to streamline the food recovery process.